Interise has partnered with the Urban League of Massachusetts to launch NextStage MBE Academy, powered by the award-winning Interise curriculum. The 1st cohort begins this Fall, 8-10 slots remain open.
For the past 20 years, Interise has worked to create an inclusive economy by supporting established small businesses that are in low-income communities or are minority- or women-owned. The program has over 9,600 graduates, employing 150,000+ people, is offered in more than 85 markets, and has helped businesses grow by an average annual revenue growth of 38%.
“When I started this program I was struggling. It didn’t matter if it was a good or bad economy. Our sales were flat. We couldn’t increase sales and were always in the hole. I entered the program, and the instructor made a lot of promises that I didn’t believe were going to be true, but she assured me they would. I would go into class every session thinking I had all the answers, and I would leave, wondering how I was still in business. Every class I went to I always left thinking and trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, and I would always get my answers from my other classmates. After graduating I finally understood how to run a business instead of how to do my job. Sales increased, doubled, doubled, and doubled to a point where we got 7 or 8 full-time employees. Most of the employees have been with me since I took the Interise class 10 years ago. Most of them were hourly employees and now they’re all homeowners.”
Businesses in the Metro South region are encouraged to apply, especially Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton area.
- Located in the Brockton, Randolph, Stoughton area, etc.
- Generating at least $125k in annual sales
- 2+ years in business
- Employing at least 1 (in addition to yourself)
- A minority business, woman-owned business, or a business in a low- to moderate-income community maintaining at least 51% ownership
- Desiring to work “on” and not just “in” your business
- Overdue to create a 3-year strategic growth plan
- Willing and able to attend a 7-month course, complete assignments and program surveys as requested.
Application link: interise.org/nextstage-mbe-form-submitted
The deadline to apply is October 6, 2023.
Visit https://programs.interise.org/nextstage-mbe-academy/ to learn more!